Tuesday, November 03, 2009

A Wedding


The practice day before

An opportunity arose to do a wedding for friends in Brisbane. Luckily I got the day before to check out the venue and do all the "details" photos as the day itself was hectic, comprising of

1) the "engagement party"
2) the surprise wedding
3) the reception

yes, a surprise wedding! Most guests were blown away, stoked, looking for the candid camera etc. The practice day had the most gorgeous sunset and wispy clouds, it was near perfect. I was hoping for the same on the day itself, but it was overcast, good for no blown highlights, but took a bit of effort in post to add colour and punch, plus it meant running the D200 up to 400 ISO, which ain't the best setting for it. I really think its time for a new body something that's smooth and creamy up to 1200-1600 ISO plus I'm well over 1/2 way on the D200 shutter anyway.



Gotta love that graduated filter in Lightroom, lets you bring a little more contrast in clouds etc



I thought I was crazy to have 3 flashes at the reception, two off camera remotes via wireless radio triggers as well as slaving off an on-camera commander with ttl slaves. but it was great. I could fill a space with light and just wander around.



80-200mm f2.8 worked a treat but really could have done with something that focused faster. SAVE SAVE SAVE.

Thanks to Claire, and the OCAU boys for loan of their gear.

And thanks to Tiff and Michael for trusting me with their special day.

2 comments:

Sight-Unseen said...

Great set mate :-)

Unknown said...

Thanks Steveo!