Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Trawling for landscapes - earlier this year

Taken out near Broken Hill on our drive back to Adelaide for Xmas. This is the best of 12, still needs composition work as it looks boring. Has anyone done a landscape course and is it worth it? Or am I just using the 10-20mm all wrong? Also could someone tell me if my blues are verging too much on purple? They look fine on my big monitor but a little to purple on my el-cheapo secondary. I get the feeling the spyder2express doesn't work too well on wide gamut monitors.


2 comments:

Sam said...

I don't think you need to be second guessing your composition.. the exact same shot would have worked well if you had been a bit luckier and had some striking clouds

Unknown said...

I think the composition is lacklustre simply because I know the rules I was following in my head, foreground object in rule of 3rds location, horizon offset from the middle. Anyone one could have done the same. The exposure was a compromise between bright sky (brought back in post) and the foreground object("livened" up in post) but the actual landscape is "Blurgh". I should have gone for the low angle shot with just the sculpture and sky or an elevated shot with sculpture and landscape. nice clouds and/or sunrise/sunset would have been awesome.