Saturday, August 26, 2006

Any of you boys know how to shovel coal?

Ahhh... one of the more memorable lines from Arrested Development.



Okay so the HMAS Adelaide is actually powered by gas turbines rather than steam (two General Electric LM2500 turbines apparently), in fact for more info on the Oliver Hazard Perry Class frigates go here.

Right, why am I talking about frigates? Coz the HMAS Adelaide had an open day for Navy Week! (Cue Claire's cool burbling giggle). Claire suggested that we go see the ship and it's compliment of sea-men (cue Claire's cool burbling giggle).

Whilst we didn't have free run of the ship (I wanted to ride the guided missile on the fore deck a la Dr. Strangelove) we did get to roam about a large portion of it and take photos.

Here's some of them I've managed to get a chance to play with














4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it just me or are there a lot of phallic shots there..
The gun barrel one is excellent

Unknown said...

Ah come on?! :) It's a boat full of Sea-men and along with my infantile humour, what more do you expect?!

Where are you posting your gear these days? I wanna make a link to it from my page

Anonymous said...

"I think women and sea-men don't mix'

anyway...
If I was taking any pics these days they would be on pbase or DA
But I'm not.. well nothing significant.. I can hear ppl screaming 'such a waste of a d2x'
:P
It's resting!
At this rate the shutter won't wear out for 25 years ;)

I've been putting a few shots in my DA scraps gallery because I'm mainly only putting stuff in the main gallery that would make a good (preferably large) print.

Should be going for a shoot in Belair NP later this week to get some cherry blossom action, hopefully that will go well cos my last shoot was crap :(
http://www.pbase.com/frink/s
That was when I went down south, shit light, shit shots, i was shit :P
Just one of those days

But I did manage to somehow get
www.pbase.com/frink/image/65628862/original.jpg
the one on the left for a print..
I'm pretty damn happy with it, ptlens ftw!
Yeh it needs some backing foam or a better frame because it's a bit wrinkled atm :)

Unknown said...

Hey those prints look awesome! I do like that B&W photo of yours from second valley, and I've already commented on the other colour one previously which outstanding too.

I can't afford a lens as specific as the 10.5mm but the results are superb!