Sunday, July 23, 2006

Freelance... On assignment for OCAU... Portrait photography

Update: Jo and Rinn, I've emailed my photos to Matt, I'm guessing he's burning a CD for you ladies, so check with him. Ta hash

So I'm an Alpha geek right? So I then belong to online computer forums, in particular, OverClockers AUstralia (OCAU). Why? Coz I run my computer at speeds higher than it was rated. Why? To exploit what everyone else is missing out on, faster computers for lower prices. So call me a geek if you will, but only if you acknowledge I'm an Alpha geek.

I digress...

On the weekend a group of four stalwart OCAU photographers braved poor light conditions to visit various places about Brisbane. One of them also knew some pretty lady friends who didn't mind having their photo taken either. So here are the ones I've had a chance to work on.

I still have a ways to go, but I'm happier with the results of my recent portrait work. I think it helps to have people who don't mind getting their photo taken rather than pulling a funny face or giving you a birdie.

More to come, including a very funny non-verbal communication with a motorcycle rider at a traffic light.


Just friends


Just friends II


Just friends III


Unrequited


Dark eyes


Alley Angst


Alley Angst II


Flowers for me?


Rinn

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha my face in the second one is classic.

You are an awesome photographer ^___~

Unknown said...

Some people noticed that I bumped up the blue in your eyes, the fill flash really washed them out and I wanted to bring them up to their natural blue.

Thanks for looking! And for being so patient with us!

If you every need some photos done, you know where to find me.

Cheers

Hash

Anonymous said...

Really? Well how about tonight right after my shower and.. LOL haha I am so funny *laughs*

Thank you so much for the nice day on Saturday, and taking photos ^_^ It was really fun hehe. Your skills are amazing and I have seen your deviant art too, I love the purple beatles haha.

Unknown said...

"Blushes" Errmmm I dunno if I can take photos with my eyes closed, reminds me of Austin Powers when he's doing a photo shoot... "I'm not even looking! I'm not even looking!"

I've got more to post, it's just my studies are calling me back to work. Keep an eye out on this blog as I'll put a link next weekend for you ladies to download some print res. photos that should blow up to A4-A3 sheets nicely.

Also I'm trying to do a photo similar to this one, except with blue eyes

http://www.deviantart.com/view/27914839/

Rinn has the eye brows that would stand out in the flash but Jo has the eyes... "sigh" I don't think I'll ever find the right person with it all on one face.

Thankyou ladies for an awesome afternoon, nice for a change to take photos of people who don't mind getting their photos taken. And thanks for your compliments. Skills? "Blush" only Napolean Dynamite has skills...

Quote Napolean: "You know, like nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills."

LUCKY!

Anonymous said...

LOL! Napolean. The steak part was gold, my favourite part ^_^

I'm sure you will find the right person, you can always photoshop the eyes in Adobe. Adobe is magical and fixes everything n__n

I shall keep an eye peeled on this blogger haha, I gotta get ready for school!

Anonymous said...

hash! those pics are beautiful...

Unknown said...

Thanks Ames! It helped that the ladies were lively and gorgeous too!

Maybe you are a candidate for the blue eyes and dark eyebrows too? But I'm also thinking of IMB Elke and Briony. I know when I find the right person, they are going to be blind for a couple of days from the flash till I get it right.

Claire is like blonde jo in the photos, has lovely blue eyes but her eyebrows are too light. I need some really dark eye brows. Oh well... "sigh"

Anonymous said...

if you want to try, i'll be up for it... i'm not sure my eyes will be intense enough because they are quite grey... plus i kinda sorta *hate* having my picture taken!

Unknown said...

Awesome! That's the spirit! I'll try to make it as painless it possible, and we'll just see if it works!

Also do you know of any one who wants a ticket to Clare Bowditch this saturday? I bought two thinking I'd find myself a date, but then realised I was kidding myself!

Anonymous said...

To reply to your reply to my first comment (haha):

No problem ^__^ I enjoyed it. If you ever need models, you know where to find them! LOL hehe ^___^

Would you mind if I put the pics on my myspace (& gave credit to you, obviously)?

Unknown said...

Rinn and Jo,

The photos are for you to do whatever you wish with.

Thanks

Hash