Thursday, November 15, 2007

QLD Premier's Photocompetition - Multi-cultural New Beginnings

The photocomp was aimed at promoting multiculturalism in QLD. I had something else in mind, but the last few weeks have been taken up by duties, so this was a last minute photo.



Completely ran out of time, this is actually our bike shed at AGHQ, but it COULD be a dingy bar (to me anyway!)

I tried kissing my own forearm with lipstick (which didn't taste nice), but Claire kindly volunteered even though we were both weirded out by it... The number actually is the start of the Premier's office number (I hope she doesn't realise this when judging!).

Getting the right title took longer than the photo! Sam and I came up with

Cultural Exchange
Bridging the divide

I finally settled on "It's in the numbers" for the multiple entendres (sp?) it provided.

though in hindsight I would have much preferred "The roots of Multiculturalism" or "Multicultural Roots!"

Sigh!

No comments: