Monday, July 16, 2007

Ack! New lens and I have no idea how to use it! Sigma 10-20mm EX DC HSM f4-5.6



Right, so tax time came and the ATO left me some change... Me thinks it be time for an early birthday present so I got me a Sigma 10-20mm ultra-wide angle lens for my collection. First thing I found was I had no idea how to compose with it. So a quick consult with my Dad who owns the same lens and to Ben J for some composition advice left me still feeling a little flustered about this whole ultrawide angle thing.




Claire, Kat and myself went to the Glasshouse mountains for a bit of a hiking adventure, complete with roast chicken picnic and laughter till Kat's pants fell off. I look at the pictures I took and feel composition wise, some thing is still lacking. I guess only practice will tell whether me and this lens are a match.



Awww work it! Some other person who claims they were a photographer (Whatever it takes to get away from her friend who was reciting poetry to her I guess) took these and got snap happy with my D200 coz it made a nice "clicking" noise. Hey it's only 100,000 cycles MTBF! I'm charging you for those 10 frames! Speaking of which I'm fast approaching 15,000 shutter activations.

No comments: