Friday, May 11, 2007

London



I met up with Therese in London and went to see the things I missed out on the last time I was there. We arranged a sickly romantic meeting in the middle of the Tower bridge, I was so excited I even got there early so I could get some breakfast down to calm my nerves (I had about 3 hrs slept thanks to a red eye special from Pisa).

I inhaled a breakfast burrito of chicken and salad (bad choice in hindsight) and went to meet the girl. Therese, too, got there early, giving me a big hug and we walked in relative silence off the Tower bridge, gazing wistfully into each others faces before she announce, "By the way you have a big bit of lettuce in your front teeth!" Thanks Gorgeous! :)

We also met up with the Nash's whilst we were over there, it really helped to have Chris and Michelle point out places they liked. As much as I bitch and moan about how crowded and busy London is, at least I wasn't bored whilst I was there!

A couple of shots from the British Museum filled with colonial plunder and antiquities!




The great natural history museum was also something else, the Waterhouse building alone is amazing. LOOK!! UNDEAD MONKEYS!! AIEEEE!!




We stalked about sunny London and sat next to an old man feeding the squirrels, singling out a particular one he called Susie Squirrel (thus picture with obligatory squirrel-in-park-eating-nuts photo) Chris met us for dinner and we tramped about Trafalgar square before settling on some great Japanese. Therese got cold and I lent her my only warm item of clothing and braved the London autumn evening in nought but a T-shirt (well pants too... come and get it ladies!), needless to say I got sick and she still blames me for the runny noise and fever I gave her! Puh!




I wanted to go to Dover, but it was suggested that there isn't much there unless you were in a boat coming from across the channel, so we went to Brighton/Hove instead! Pebble beachs are a pain in the ass. There was an amazing donation cat which purred when people passed near it, it gave me the willies when it caught me unawares with my back to it the first time.



I left London and Therese with a promise to see what would happen after 3 months apart. It was worth the wait.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! you was in London on the 11th of May, I was ten days before!!!! Last time we should try to meet us! love

Unknown said...

Hey Audrey,

Nah I wasn't in London in May. That's just when I posted it. I was in London in October last year.

But next time I'm in Europe, it would definitely be good to meet up, but only if you make me some more of your hot chocolate!

XOXO

Hash

Anonymous said...

Deal is made : if you come in Europe we will meet (and if I come in Australia we will meet too) and I will make you a lot of hot chocolate!!