Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Breakfast with Orangutans - Singapore Zoo



Breakfast with the Orangutans was a unique and fantastic experience to get up close to these creatures and was worth every cent.



There were several of our forrest chums who came down to eat with us including a little imp who was not camera shy.

ZOMG! Talk about the proverbial mountain of tourists taking photos and blocking the view for the rest of us (though I did partake - but at a modest distance with my 200mm). Most annoyingly were the would-be camera buffs eyeballing each other to see who had the biggest lens and blatting away at 9fps on a stationary ape?! Seriously how many photos do you need? I bet you they just bought their cameras downtown the day before and were shooting skywards at the animals in a strong backlit scene. I hope all they got was some verdant green foliage photos with a big black orangutan sillhouette. I didn't see a single one stop to check their exposures and adjust. SIGH they must just be better photographers than me.

The smarter ones were standing back and picking their shots and eating. So to all adult camera nerds, take yer photo and get out of the way, the kids can't see. Enough ranting.





In my meager handful of photos (at the behest of stuffing my face with delicious breakfast), I waited and got the photo I wanted. HELLO BOYS!


1 comment:

Simon Bills said...

These are great Hash, that third one is gold.