Thursday, October 28, 2010

YeeaaHaaawwwrrr! - Bungendore Rodeo 2010



Very overcast day, tip the camera ever so skywards and you are instantly having to dial in +1.3EV. Again let down by my woefully slow focusing 80-200mm. Wishing I had a 300mm f2.8, but I am thinking a 70-300mm AF-S VR might be a good stop gap. Would have liked to have seen what the pros were pulling out of their big lenses. Had some dood in black pin striped suit jacket with John Lennon sunglasses (AT A RODEO fer CRYING OUT LOUD), motoring away at 11 fps with a D3 + 400mm (I think).



I reckon this is the face the Fonz would pull if he were into rodeos "Heeeeeyy.."



4 comments:

Paulo said...

Cool shots hash - horizon not straight though!

Unknown said...

DoH! I knew someone one would notice! It was really late Paulo

Steve said...

Love the clarity in these - they're great captures.

Agree with Paulo though, you got one leg shorter than the other?? :-P

Unknown said...

Thanks Stevo! Just call me stumpy. You threw me with Steve Roy for a moment.